Saturday, August 13, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 225]:~ A Full 180

 
~:[CH11 - Day 225]:~ A Full 180

I knew it would be hot at today's practice. I always drink about 100oz of water during a day and usually more, but it wasn't enough for me today. After racing one of my freshmen up a hill, I could sense that my body wasn't doing so well. It was strange how I figured out what my body needed as I got worse. It was nice to have people pitching in and helping and kept it from becoming an issue as after a few minutes, I felt okay. It was a rough start. However, with a little AC, breakfast, and some downtime, I felt good enough to still go to the game. I had BFF time as we struggled to enjoy a lifeless game. We looked doomed before the homerun in the 8th that looked like it got snatched, then came an incredible comeback that almost was a walk off, but at least tied the game. A mistake in the 10th looked like it would doom us, but we battled back in the 11th allowing for that dramatic finish. Many determine how things will go based on the initial few moments. If I determined that by today, I would have expected the worst, however, the day took a full 180 and I was celebrating by day's end, topped by a late crypto rally. As I watched the players celebrate on the field, it was refreshing to watch as they've had a rough few months. Although this season is hanging by a thread, I hope they keep pushing forward and even if it doesn't end well for them this season, maybe they can carry this energy into the next. Even if you start off on the wrong foot, find those who you can trust to help pick you up, figure out what you need to do to recover and hopefully you can turn things around and find yourself celebrating sweet victory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment