~:[CH11 - Day 234]:~ More of the Same
After all of these years, you can imagine how many students have walked into my classroom. While I have not always been in this room, a majority of my time has been spent here and walking into this room again this year, felt like more of the same. Setup is quick as I know where everything is and where it goes and I just roll with the punches now. We have to adapt lessons to the changing times, however, most of what I have is fairly consistent as the years have gone by. It allows for creativity and flexibility and the time crunch is there, but not like it was when I first started. They often say that the you lose the most teachers after the first few years and there's no doubt in my mind that those were the most challenging for me in terms of work. It's fun on these first few days to have old students pop in and to think about all the students that have walked into my class on the first day of school or any other day for that matter. As days go by, it may seem like more of the same, but every interaction with everyone that passes through these doors or across the campus has a meaning in my life, just like those you cross paths with have meaning in yours. I will treasure many of the interactions I have had and will support them whenever possible. As while it may seem like more of the same, each of these interactions will have their own variations and more importantly their own purpose. Let's do this!


No comments:
Post a Comment