Thursday, June 1, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 152]:~ The Warmth of the Night

 
~:[CH12 - Day 152]:~ The Warmth of the Night

The forecast called for chilly weather. I was just hoping it didn't rain. Why? With all the construction going on, we decided to hold our banquet in the quad. I made a small fireplace prop with a fan and tissue paper and we had the student gather together after eating their traditional MUN dinner, tacos. As usual, they ate to their hearts content. It's always a great moment to recognize those who go above and beyond. For MUN, these students are some of the most exceptional students on campus and thus, to be recognize among the best of the best is pretty impressive. It was tough because I knew that a few others were just short of being recognized, but I hope they know I am so proud of all their efforts, award or not. Of course, the finale was what had me stressing for the past few weeks. I heard the word procrastination a lot, but the reality was, I started processing three weeks ago and even let my computer run during my trip to try to make sure I was on track. Without the tech issues, I would have been fine, but of course, when it rain, it pours. Somehow, I wrapped up 85% of the edits by 3am and then finished up during 4th period as I allowed it to render. My updated MacBook is much faster and so it did render much faster than expected, which allowed me to relax a bit. I was definitely upset that I couldn't add in the last song to get the last bit of footage in (to include more students), however, I was happy that I was able to show something and the students, especially those who went to NY and Vancouver, enjoyed the show. As while it was chilly outside, it was nice and cozy as we came together to watch the video in 504. It was different than being in the theater or gym, but it definitely had a good feel to it. This year, this whole process was definitely different, but it didn't make it any better or worse. Of course, with the theme of campout, it definitely was a lot more comfortable as we were able to relax, be comfortable and enjoy the company of those who we've spent so much time together grinding through MUN work with; definitely heart warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment