Wednesday, June 21, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 172]:~ Walking By ...

 
~:[CH12 - Day 172]:~ Walking By ...

I had planned to head out to Mt. Fuji on one of my days off, but I forgot to set my alarm and thought I woke up much too late. I routed the trip and realized that if I could be out the door and at the station in an hour, I'd make it. By 8:20am, I made it for the 8:30am train, just barely. In my rush to get the ticket, I had trouble figuring out how to use my pass for this particular train. One of the station attendants kindly helped me and I got into my seat. I thought my ticket took me clear to my stop as my route said remain on board, but I was wrong. It resulted in an hour delay as I rerouted back to my stop. It actually worked out as the clouds that covered the mountain peak cleared away and I got to see the mountain from this angle. It reminded me of the day when I climbed that mountain way back when. It was quite the adventure and I hope that I'll be able to do it once more. On my way back towards the station, I walked by a small little neighborhood and couldn't help but notice the views they had from their doorsteps. The view they'd see every single day in the morning, in good weather and bad, and it made me think. So many people travel from far and wide to see this view, but they see it every day. Something considered a must see view and something so amazing, would you take it for granted if it was on your doorstep? Similarly, we are surrounded by things so amazing. We often seek out amazing things that are beyond that others talk about, but we often fail to see the things that are truly amazing simply because they are there everyday. I hope that on our journey of life, we realize this and appreciate the things so spectacular that are within an arms reach. Lost in my thoughts, I passed my turn. Thinking I could navigate around, I hit a dead end and found myself racing against the clock to make the train. I had a few minutes to spare, boarded the train and enjoy the sights as I headed back to Tokyo. I. dozed off a bit on the ride home as I imagined myself back at home for a bit. Today made me miss home a bit, as even more so today, I realized all that is amazing that lies from the view of my very. own doorstep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment