Wednesday, June 28, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 179]:~ 1 in 20

 

~:[CH12 - Day 179]:~ 1 in 20

I had no particular  draw towards this Pokemon. I saw that it could by shiny and since it was raid hoir, I joined it. In Tokyo, it's pretty easy to find a raid that is active. The new layout makes it easier to find one quickly. Luckily, I caught a shiny. Thr base shiny catch rate is 1 in 500, but when raiding for legendaries, it's 1 in 20. Sometimes I've done 40 raids without a shiny, but this time, it was on my first of the night. Knowing your odds the first step in giving yourself the best shot. Researching, knowing if it's even possible, and then strategizing all help you get there. The easier route could be grinding and catching hundreds of Pokemon, while others mah see their odds boosted finding people to raid with and ultimately getting those 1 in 20 odds upon a win. There's no one way that's best and everyone's goal for catching a shiny will be different. In life, it's the same. We all have different goals and the odds of achieving them are different, however, for each of us, we can research and plan, giving us the best opportunity to find that shiny in our life. Some of us will see quantity over quality, others will stay focused on a single one, but for all of us, we'll all feel a little exhilaration when we get that catch. "May the odds ever be in your favour."

No comments:

Post a Comment