
~:[CH12 - Day 153]:~ The Chaotic Farewell
I think when we are about to say farewell, we think about how we want to say it. We lay out our plans, make our preparation and hope it goes well. After a stressful few weeks, today was the culmination of the chaos. Luckily, we had taken our senior finals yesterday, but still yet, it was stressful. We wrapped up our character speeches today, which was solid and showed the progress of the freshmen. The freshmen said farewell to their senior IAs a s they frantically took photos and wrote messages even after the bell rang. For the seniors, they had their final chance to say a goodbye message and one last opportunity to share time together before they parted. I tried my best to sign as many yearbooks as I could, but the bell rang and I had to zoom out to a meeting. In between, I handed out banquet stuff, wrapped up financials for track, and tried to think about what I was going to move later in the day. I thought it would be a restful day, but not only was I tired, it was chaotic. Regardless, the stress of planning was off my shoulders, so I could focus on grades and just odds and ends associated with the end of the year. As we approach the final stretch, there are no more large events and no more videos to edit as I see a straight path to the beautiful finish line ahead. It was a chaotic farewell today and I wish I had just one more day with the seniors, however, I guess it was only fitting that our farewell felt like we were wrapping up a conference. As I say farewell to these seniors, I think about how they dealt with missing out on their last few months of freshman year and all of sophomore year and still managed to grown and develop like any other MUNer. I am appreciative of their effort and definitely know that success awaits them, as they're armed with the tools they need and a little swagger because they're confident in their speaking abilities.

No comments:
Post a Comment