
~:[CH12 - Day 157]:~ By Request
I asked my dad what he wanted me to cook and originally, we agreed on my typical meal for him, seafood pasta. However, this year, it was kind of cute when he walked over and asked me if I could make a dish for him that he found in a magazine. When looking at the recipe, I figured I could do the shopping for the original dish and then also cook the second dish the next day. For those who know me, I could in bulk and so we'll be eating leftovers for awhile, however, seeing him enjoy this meal he picked out himself was quite enjoyable. Scallops are definitely one of my favorites and so I spent careful attention making sure they came out just right. I got the burn I wanted without losing the texture within. I actually quite enjoy when people make decisions. One thing that I sometimes dislike about my job (that is often a positive) is that in most cases, I am the one who has to make most of the decisions. From planning team dinner or what meets we are going to attend, a lot of those details and choices belong to me. Thus, when I got out with the team for a casual event or with my friends, it's much easier when someone steps up and makes the decision for me. When I don't have to think or make a decision, those moments are often fabulous. Of course when it comes down to important details, I accept that as part of my job, but when others step up in my daily life and are decisive or make the decision for me, I am often grateful, as I didn't have to use any energy to think after a long and exhausting day. Do you like making all the decisions or would you rather pass that on to someone else?

No comments:
Post a Comment