Monday, June 5, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 156]:~ Keeping the Flame

 
~:[CH12 - Day 156]:~ Keeping the Flame

I cooked up some food today to celebrate my dad. I planned to cook the next two days and allow him to enjoy some of my cooking before I left. I'm always motivated to do this even when I'm busy as it's definitely a blessing for me to be able to do this. However, in life, when we face challenges or difficult times, we probably sometimes ask ourselves, how do I keep moving forward? How do I keep that flame burning? As a teacher, sometimes it's difficult at the end of the year to keep that flame going. From grading to wrapping up the year and this year, we top it off with having to move out of our classrooms for construction, we are left without much fuel, making it difficult to keep the flame going. My philosophy has always been to make sure I am enjoying life. When work doesn't feel like work, it's definitely something that you're enjoying, however, every now and then, I need to kick myself and remind myself all the benefits of this job. Don't get me wrong, I am not facing that critical moment, but thinking of all those who are at that point in their lives as I wonder, how do they keep that flame burning in their lives? For some, that struggling flame is work and for others it could be love, but regardless of what it is, I think the best approach is to take that step back and reanalyze things. Instead of putting a larger burden on ourselves and rushing to find a solution, we can take our time, as even when the fuel runs out and the fire is extinguished, we still have the opportunity to reignite that fire within. Today, I felt no letup of that flame as I have been enjoying this ride even during its greatest moments of fatigue, but when I face that moment once more, I hope I can figure everything out and keep that flame within burning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment