
~:[CH12 - Day 247]:~ Be Your Own Judge
I woke up early today to venture out to practice. Yes, it's a holiday, but with district coming up, putting in that extra work is something that is necessary if you want to be successful. How much extra work you put in is up to you. To leave things up to other's expectations is only leaving you a greater opportunity to fail. Others around you sometimes become experts on topics that they had no experience in and when you allow them to be the one that changes your path, you may be on your way to losing your way. Don't get me wrong, at times there are those who actually know what they're talking about who will give you good advice, then there are those who think they know. Strangely enough, I had two encounters like that this year already with one parent asking why we weren't doing enough for our athletes since we didn't offer two meets the same weekend (since part of the team is racing at Iolani this weekend). It's moments like that make you question whether it's even worth it to continue, but that's also the push factor that can take you off the course you want to go. When you let these moments make the decision for you, you're allowing others judgement to push you to a decision. Similarly, with faith, people around you will try to provoke you and it's up to you whether you react or find a way to stay on the path you wish to travel. I slaved away, finishing up work for the Cow Run, preparing for district and Iolani this week, and wrapping up the newsletter for the week, as my frustrations kept mounting until I let it go. I tasted the sweetness of the dessert I had today and even was uplifted by another athlete who suggested a team activity to help build up our ohana. Those who judge will try to bring you down as they try to gain what they want, but utlimately, on your quest to where you're going, only you can be the judge of how you are doing. It's not about being selfish, it's about being confident in the path that you're traveling. Keep your ears and mind open, but at the end of the day, it's you that will have to live with the consequences of your choices and thus, don't be swayed unless you think it's the right path to travel. Yes, there will be days like this that try to bring you down, but instead of getting bitter, I hope we can all find the sweetness that lies in the satisfaction of our own choices.

No comments:
Post a Comment