Saturday, September 30, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 273]:~ A Little Bit of Rain

 
~:[CH12 - Day 273]:~ A Little Bit of Rain

I was talking to the bus driver on the way to Central Park and she mentioned how beautiful of a day it was. It was nice. There were clouds, but the beautiful blue sky made it feel like it would be a beautiful day. Midway through the race, the clouds covered the sky and suddenly it started to rain. There wasn't much I could do in the middle of coaching, so I continued to run around throughout the course. The weather allowed for some solid performances on the day. A few top tens, a few good team performances and overall, a good feeling amongst the athletes. Our clothes and our stuff was a little wet as we headed home, however, that little bit of rain could not dampen our spirits. We ended up having to squeeze on one bus, allowing the other to go to Whitney, however, I thought it ended up being a good thing as the team, for once, was all together on this ride home. I was definitely exhausted as we arrived home that evening and even though it wasn't too late, the day left me a bit exhausted. However, as much energy as the day may have taken, it injected a lot of good things into my heart and soul today. The weather didn't end up being as good as we had hoped, but it didn't mean that it didn't end up being a good day; in fact, it was a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment