Wednesday, September 6, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 249]:~ Out of Your Hands

 
~:[CH12 - Day 249]:~ Out of Your Hands

I spent the morning prepping for the race and for Hawaii. I edited my sub plans and set everything where it needed to be, I gave my classes the final instructions and then packed my car for the race. I didn't have much time to spare, but at the same time, I wasn't rushing to chaotically, well, until the call. At about noon, we I got a call that the city side of the park made Gahr take down their markings. Although their requests went in sometime in July, they said that our permit for the city side was still pending. We were already cleared to run on the county side, so I quickly drew up a map during 4th and tried to make it as easy to follow as possible. Instead of canceling, we finished all five races with warmer temperatures on a course that ended up being a bit long. We ended up winning three of the five divisions. We moved up our top frosh/soph boy as our #1 was out for the day. When prepping the varsity boys, we told them they needed to step up. While we didn't have the best of races, our top two on the day stepped up big and finished 1-2, while the little freshman we moved up also placed. With our #1 (had things stayed the same), we would have just taking the win, but sometimes, things are out of your hands. Similar, we lost a few athletes to potholes or various injuries or illnesses, but sometimes, there's not much you can do, as you just need to figure it out. Along with the three team titles, we won three of the individual titles so overall it was a pretty solid day. I was definitely exhausted, but not only had to prep for Hawaii, but also had to pack up a few things at home. I will be happy when tomorrow comes and I get to take my nap, but for now, I'll focus on finishing up what I need to and enjoy reflecting on the highlights of the day. Enjoy these great moments and don't fret too much about those things that are out of your hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment