Tuesday, September 19, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 262]:~ (Not) A Quick Fix

 
~:[CH12 - Day 262]:~ (Not) A Quick Fix

My dad taught me how to work with watches. He taught me so much about watches and how to work with the small minute inner workings of a watch that we think so little about. With digital watches on the rise, the old may slowly be aging, but the question is, will that feel of the tick and the tock really fade away? One of the many tasks that come along with coaching is my annual battery switch in my stopwatches. Sometimes I have to fix this and that as well, but at the very least, I need to change the batteries. Due to my father, this task is quite easy, but also time consuming as I move from watch to watch. By night's end, I finished up a dozen changes as I prepped for the race ahead. While doing it, I smiled thinking that every time I look at a watch or go to change its battery, I'll think of my dad and the way he taught me how to make the adjustments. For some, it may not be a quick fix, but thanks to some of these precious moments and lessons, for me, it's a fairly easy task. What's something that your parents passed down to you that you'll remember forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment