Friday, May 10, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 131]:~ Years of Service

 
~:[CH13 - Day 131]:~ Years of Service

It was weird to have senior awards on a Friday, but with the impacted schedule, it just happen to play out that way. I stopped by the International Festival at Stowers before heading back to Cerritos. It's always great to attend this event as you see the students wrap up their career in high school after four long years. I get to see their growth since freshman year and recollect some fond memories from the past. Their years of service are definitely honored at this event and I appreciate that they do so, from athletics to academics and everything in between. This year was even more special. As while I like to think that I've been at the school for an eternity, one of our teachers is completing his 53 years at the school (since it opened) and will retire this year. It's incredible to think that you've been at one place for so long and been apart of its entire history, but he has. Alongside him, they honored two people who have given so much to the school, attending so many events and supporting the students in different capacities. They truly show how much they care for the students by how much time they put into their job beyond the school day. Similarly, the students recognized besides they spent countless hours dedicating themselves to this campus and definitely deserve to be on this stage honored for their years of service. Congratulations seniors and I guess senior citizens? (Just kidding on the latter half!)

No comments:

Post a Comment