
~:[CH13 - Day 133]:~ Every So Grateful
We always tend to stay home on these holidays. We all don't really like the crowds, so instead, I always end up cooking. This year, I prepared early and shopped earlier in the week, so the day was pretty chill. I had a lot of work to do for the banquet, however, aside from that, I was able to focus on getting the prep done for dinner. I matched up the marinade for the steak with one of my favorites and added sides to go along with the meal. It was a great meal, but I know that the most precious thing was to be able to spend time with my family to celebrate my mother who has given so much. For many of us, our mothers are the foundation on which we grew up and became who we are. For those lucky enough to celebrate with a mother or a mother-like figure (including those single dads), I hope that you enjoyed those precious moments together. I know that with each passing year, the number of years we have together gets shorter and while we will never know how many we have, we all know that it will not be infinite. Thus, make each day with your loved ones special and be ever so grateful for all that you have, even if you don't think it's much, the love and care of those around you is more valuable than all the riches you can accumulate in a lifetime. Happy mother's day to all those who fill that role of a mother!

No comments:
Post a Comment