_-78.jpg)
~:[CH13 - Day 149]:~ You're Going to Fail
Tonight was Candle Rose. After a short day of finals and a bit of cleaning, I ran a few errands, then headed back to school. It's always a great evening as seniors get one final chance to look back at their high school careers and celebrate one last time together. When preparing my speech, I went back and forth with what I wanted to say and ended up starting with "You're going to FAIL." The fear of failure is one of the things that tends to hold a lot of people back. They're worried about how they'll be perceived when they fail or how they'll feel. The reality is, as I said in my speech, if you "fail" you actually fit right in with everyone else. We all fail in life. We drop the ball, we forget, we do this and that, but we can learn, we can grow, we can improve, and we can go at it again. Time after time, even if we fail, we can aim to get one step closer in hopes of achieving our goals. I reminded them that if the passion for what you're chasing is still there, don't get discouraged and keep going at it. Like a salmon swimming upstream, it may be going against the trend and may be a challenge, but ultimately, you'll come out of it stronger, whether you reach that goal or not. We're all going to fail at some point, but let's use that "failure" to become stronger, to become tougher, and to become better. Let's not let a little roadblock keep us from continuing on our journey, as there are many great things awaiting us, if we can gather the courage to continue on and not allow the fear of failure to hold us back.

No comments:
Post a Comment