~ :[CH5 - Day 222]:~ It's the Summer, Why Not
After a quick practice for those not biking, I headed to regional to meet the rest of the team for the ride. While we had a small group of 21 heading on the ride, it still was as great as the ones before. Every time we do this ride, I think about the first time that we did this trip way back when. We decided, let's go biking and so without a plan, we headed to Seal Beach and then turned around with each trip, going just a bit further until we hit the pier. This year, with the exception of one flat tire, it was quite uneventful in the van support department, which is always good. We did our normal Ruby's lunch then relaxed at the beach before heading home. Strangely enough, without even riding, there is always a sense of exhaustion that overtakes me. I tried to relax a bit before heading to the fair that evening, but as usual, time flew by too quickly. We hit up the fair and all its delectable eats. It was definitely good. From chili cheese fries to bacon wrapped pickles to pulled pork, tri tip, dole whip and more, it was a great evening. We took home a load of prizes and even got to catch the pig races before we headed home. I was tired when I got home and knew not how I would wake up the next day, but at least I enjoyed one of my last days of summer back at home.


No comments:
Post a Comment