~:[CH5 - Day 232]:~ The Final Trail
It wasn't easy waking up on the final day of Mammoth, but I dragged myself out of bed and met with those who wanted to get a final run in. The Mammoth Creek Trail is always a beautiful run, although, it is a little difficult to navigate and has some uneven surfaces. It was peaceful walking through the meadow, as I enjoyed my last moments of relaxation in the mountains. As stressful as the week is, it's nice to be away and in more of a natural environment. I love to breathe in the fresh air and enjoy a place void of the the craziness of the city and suburbs. After packing up, we headed down the hill and had a very smooth ride all the way back home. There was a stretch of traffic to remind us we were back in the city, but nonetheless, it was nice to be home. After a wonderful final dinner with the counselors, it was time to go home. I sorted through a few things and began the unpacking process, but most of it would need to be saved until tomorrow, as fatigue set in. It was the end of this year's camp and looking back at it, it was a great one. From great counselors to atheltes who put in the effort and made it fun, it was definitely a week to remember.


No comments:
Post a Comment