Friday, August 26, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 238]:~ Something Different

~:[CH5 - Day 238]:~ Something Different
We normally have an end of the summer bonfire, yet we tried something old but new. With the help of an alumni (Chao), we had a park day at Sunshine and potluck at the Nishis with an added celebration of Mama Nishis and Allys birthday. At first I thought it was going to be a small turnout, but then it grew and we had a good mass of people that ended up showing up. Our program is so blessed to have a family like the Nishis to have come across us, as we would not be able to do many of things we do without them. Because of them, the day turned out wonderful, as with a combination of games, pool, park, food and more, it ended up being a different type of event. It was definitely a nice way to relax after a long day at work, as I tried to get everything settled and organized for the upcoming school year. It's been a little crazy, but I think I am pretty close to being ready for things to begin. I ended the night wandering around Santa Monica and while I had two blisters on my feet from playing basketball, wandering around felt so good. I was tired and felt the exhaustion, but still soaking in all around me. This whole summer has been a little different, but sometimes you just need to embrace it all in hopes that it will all work out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment