Tuesday, August 1, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 213]:~ Wanting Something Better

~:[CH6 - Day 213]:~ Wanting Something Better
I often hear people say, "I'll do better" or "I am hoping to do better next time," but does that really mean much? I'm not talking about words versus actions or effort of any sort, but rather, about what is "better" and is it really good enough? After a period of darkness or a storm, better could still mean dirty clouds. After a game where you go 0-20, better may be just making a single shot, yet is it still good? I think one of the realizations I had today when looking into the sky is that some of the best moments come after a storm or a period of darkness. It's not just that it's better than before, but that the moment becomes a spectacular one where it's glorious and memorable. It is after a storm that a rainbow often appears and may moments when people pull out their cameras in order to capture the moment. Why is that so? A plain blue sky is beautiful, but ordinary. It is when you struggle through some of the darkest moments in your life that it will require you to employ many of the skills you have gained over the course of your life. If you do not seek them out, the darkness can get darker, but when you figure out how to use those skills, it is a moment you will never forget. If we approach many moments in our life like this, we may soon discover that we have many of these picture-worthy moments in our lives waiting for us, if we just employ the skills we already have. I can't wait for tomorrow, as it will be beyond better than today, it will be simply breathtaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment