~:[CH6 - Day 216]:~ Cleaning Up
While talking to an alumni, I could feel the challenges she was facing. Life is not easy. Sometimes it's like the watermelon relay we do. Sometimes we get lucky and we drop the watermelon and it stays intact while other times it may fall apart. Regardless of what happens, you need to pick it up and continue on, even when there are people standing in your way. It's easier said than done, but sometimes, these challenging situations end up being the ones that define you. The ones that show what you are made of and while it may be a struggle at first, the ability to fight through is what can make the difference of finding success or not. As I rolled through the day, the ups and downs of life were evident as I struggled to keep myself alert. However, I had a number of helping hands keeping me in check and making sure I had the help I needed. Never in my lifetime have I had so many people helping and it helped seeing as it was the fastest prep we've ever had. I'm exhausted and beat, however, I couldn't image how much more tired I would be had it not been for those who came to my aid. For those struggling, when you drop your watermelon, turn to those around you and I'm sure that they'll come to your aid. There may seem as if there is no end in sight, however, trust in those around you, trust in the process, and most importantly, trust in yourself to be able to clean it all up when you just happen to drop the watermelon, as while today may not have been your day, there's always tomorrow.


No comments:
Post a Comment