~:[CH6 - Day 239]:~ The Struggle
It was suppose to be an early wake up, but we slept in. It was pretty exhausting getting out to Yosemite and knowing that we had a trip back soon, I felt like sleeping in would be good. It felt really good. We ventured out to Upper Yosemite Falls and began the trek up the two sets of switchbacks that felt like they would never end. We were prepared with many liters of water with us, but met so many who were not. The struggle up the hill was real, but knowing that we struggled despite being prepared made me wonder how others made it up. Regardless, after a run in with a snake, a few slips and exhaustion like no other, we made it to the top. Even half way up, I realized that the struggle was worth it all. I guess in life we face the same issues. We go through the struggle wondering if we have prepared enough, if we should continue on and if we have what it takes to make it up. We'll see others struggling and turn back and we must ask ourselves, will we continue on? What is in it for us if we do? As I stood at one of the lookouts with my phone in hand, I shot the panoramic that reminded me why it would be worth it. This valley was well worth the struggle and I couldn't imagine what I would have done had I not arrived at the top of Upper Yosemite Falls. My stomach was bothering me and I felt a little nauseated the whole way, but when I reach the top, I forgot about it all. I felt better after a cold drink, a shower, and a good dinner, but I knew I would not be able to leave right away, so I decided to wait until the morning to leave. I hate missing a day, but sometimes you just have to let your body recover, especially after earning it after battling through so many obstacles. It was a struggle, but if a picture says a thousand words, I need not say anymore about how it was worth it.


No comments:
Post a Comment