It's only natural to strive for what you're hoping for, which is often an exceptional day. When it falls short of these expectations, it is easy to be disappointed, yet if you take the right perspective, it will not only become a successful day, but also a day to learn and grow. The morning provided some wonderful conditions and it made me hope for a wonderful afternoon. After a long day of Mammoth shopping, I came home trying to survive the warm summer day. It wasn't ridiculously hot, but a little hotter than I had hoped for our next time trial. Regardless, while the times were a little off the mark, the effort was not. We ended up with four medalists, a few PRs and a load of great efforts. While we know we have a lot of work to do, it's always nice to get a gauge of where we are at. It's crazy how the days are moving so quickly and with a shorter summer, it's been a little hectic. As I prepare for yet another weekend away from home, I looked back to today and said I'll take it. As we closed out the evening with a nice dinner together, it was easy to smile even if all of the expectations I had going into the day were not met. Tomorrow's another day for us to go after it, but for today, I'll take it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment