Thursday, August 24, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 236]:~ Just a Piece

~:[CH6 - Day 236]:~ Just a Piece
It wasn't one of my best pictures and didn't come close to capturing the moment, but for some reason, I can't stop staring at it. On a day full of an amazing first day, meeting new students and finishing off with a surprise birthday stop for Mama Nish, I found closure to my day as I look up to the night's sky. I was at piece looking at the crescent moon in the sky, realizing how applicable it was to my own life. As while there has been so much that I have experienced, there is so much left to experience in life. I couldn't help imagine my life as that crescent, all that I experienced is just a part of what I have to look forward to. As while tonight it was not as spectacular as a super moon bright in the sky, there was still much to appreciate, much to be proud of and much to be mesmerized by. Among the darkness of the sky, the crescent show and while in a week where the sky was the center of attention, I'm sure few heads turned up to the sky to see what was going on. Regardless, it doesn't take many people to look to the sky to make me realize that it is still special. It is easy to realize that it will shine one and light the night's sky and show itself off for all to see. I cannot wait for what is ahead and to see myself grow, however, regardless. I will appreciate where I began, as this piece that has continued to shine since day one. We all are like this crescent and while no one may be looking now, we must continue to grow and shine, so that they world will one day glance up to the sky and realize just how amazing you are. It may not be today, but that day will come. Whether it's tomorrow or a tomorrow ten years from now, know that you are special, even if right now, it's just a piece of what you will be in the future. I smile knowing that this will be true and I hope that you're smiling too.

No comments:

Post a Comment