
~:[CH10 - Day 164]:~ Warming the Heart
I cooked this for my dad a little early. This is normally his birthday/Father's Day meal, but I prepped it today along with some garlic shrimp and a clam and mussel dish. I think there is something about this dish that has always had a great place in my heart. Growing up watching my mother make the dish, I found a recipe so similar to what she made, while adding my own flair. When we make it, it has a different personality with a similar soul. I think cooking can be like that. We add our personal preference, but the background behind every dish tells its own story whether it's because of the recipe itself or the story behind it. Think about it. Do you have certain dishes that make you think of certain people? It's kind of an interesting thing and I hope that good memories stem from all the good food around you. Life is one to enjoy and it's even better when you have a delicious dish to satisfy that hunger. When that dish has a story, it will go that one extra step and warm the heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment