
~:[CH10 - Day 174]:~ Not a Minute to Spare
Sometimes everything falls on the same day and you wonder, how did I schedule this. Sometimes there is no avoiding it. On those days, sometimes there isn't a minute to spare. As I spent the past week working on the presentation, I was happy to have wrapped it up. It was another item to check off. However, the reason I was so willing to do this is because I think that focusing on spending your time on important things is key, especially when there aren't many minutes to spare. Today was a advisor mentorship of sorts as I talked about student mentoring. It was nice to hear the questions that new advisors might have so I can see what are some of the pressing questions my own new students might have that I have been overlooking. I saw some familiar faces and met some new people as well, which was great. Just before this, I had a virtual event which left me pretty tired when it came time to present. I thought I would get a chance to nap afterward, but ultimately, I forgot the Angels played in the afternoon. After watching the game, I thought, maybe I should have just slept as they lost in extra innings. Not a bad game overall, but we could finish off the game when we needed to. The rest of the day was dedicated towards work and homework. I won't have any free time today (except to sleep), but sometimes you look back and know it was worth every minute. I'll just have to pay for it tomorrow. Until then ...

No comments:
Post a Comment