
~:[CH10 - Day 205]:~ Reckless & Considerate
We were running up "the hill" on Saturday. At the top a sign that says bicycles prohibited, yet a biker comes jetting by three times, nearly hitting people in our group three times. Ninety nine percent of the bikers in the area are considerate, however, it's bikers like him that not only ruin the day for others, but make it dangerous as well. There was no pause at the top, no checking for clearance, rather a guy yelling at people to get out of the way. Luckily I am surrounded by people who are not like that. If all my friends were like this person, I am not sure how I would have turned out. When I think of those that surround me, it amazes me of how Blessed I truly am. As I dealt with the annoyance of the biker, I got to go home and celebrate the birthday of my brother. He is one of the many who have taught me so much about consideration and more. In the end, I could have let the biker ruin my day, however, there was much more to appreciate and I figured I should focus on my time on the things that mattered more. It's easy to be angry when things happen like this, but sometimes when you look back on those moments, you wonder why you didn't just move on and save your time focusing on something more important and worthwhile. What is that to me? The wonderful people who make the world around me a beautiful place. Thank you again for all being so wonderful and especially to my brother on his special day.

No comments:
Post a Comment