
~:[CH10 - Day 211]:~ Lighting the Flame
Most know how much I despise the beach, however, today it wasn't that bad. No, I didn't have a change of heart, it just had a feeling of appreciation. Bonfires are one of the favorite events of the athletes and today was no different. We had to change things up due to the pandemic as athletes brought their own food, but for the most part, they were able to enjoy the things they couldn't before. As we lit the bonfire, I couldn't help think about the Olympics and lighting the flame of the Olympic torch, signaling the start of the games. While we are nowhere near the end of this pandemic, I feel like we are slowly finding opportunities here and there to slowly crack the shell that we've been kept in for so long. I still despise the beach, but I'd spend my day here knowing that it made the day for these athletes who seemed to truly soak in the sun today.

No comments:
Post a Comment