Sunday, July 25, 2021

~:[CH10 - Day 206]:~ Success & Failure

 
~:[CH10 - Day 206]:~ Success & Failure

I dropped my favorite bowl and it cracked in half. Sadly, inside I was torn. It's just a bowl so I will get over it, but just a slight mistake led to its demise. As I watch the Olympics, I can't help but think how this is the case for them and for us in life as well. Sometimes a split second and in others just the correct adjustment can change our futures dramatically. While in some sports an upset is much less likely, I have been enjoying sports such as skateboarding where it was such an open field. It's hard to see when someone who is usually so good is having a bad day, but it's also joyous to see that breakthrough performance. Yes, I was sad about my bowl (leaving me with only one of the two), but what I put in the bowl that remained made me happy. From early in the morning, I started my homemade chashu and I even threw my eggs in a marinade and ended up with a ramen dinner such as this. There will be those ups and downs, but with them, we can find something to celebration, something to love, or something to appreciate. Life is not always going to go our way, but it doesn't mean we have to sacrifice our happiness in the process. Skateboarder Margielyn Didal of the Philippines was limping from the start of her run as she fell awkwardly, but despite her missteps in her performance, she battled through, and kept smiling and enjoying the fact that she was at the Olympics. Just like her, let's find a way to soak in the fact that we are living and breathing. Regardless of whether we succeed or fail, at least we had the opportunity to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment