Sunday, November 5, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 309]:~ Our Story, Our Journey

 
~:[CH12 - Day 309]:~ Our Story, Our Journey

Jae's concert had a different feel. It was about the music, but it was also a story of his journey, his struggle and his search to find a way towards a place we want to be. The journey for Jae has been quite tough. He found himself in the darkest of days and as he told his story, he allowed himself to be vulnerable as he was honest with himself and with us about his struggles and his path towards the point we were at today. I've seen the ups and downs and while I observed at a distance, I did my best to send my support whenever possible. As I thought about tonight on my drive home, I thought about how we all find ourselves facing our own struggles in our own stories on our own journeys. I've found myself in difficult times and I think those around me are facing ones that are similar right now. The pain in these moments if often deep and sometimes unbearable, however, we must know that the best way to relieve some of this is to rely on the support of those around us. As Jae talked about his journey, he mentioned so many of those who helped uplift him and similarly, others have shared their own stories of how Jae has also helped them in their difficult moments in life. As we wander in the darkness, I hope that we can trust in ourselves and also rely on the support of those around us to slowly guide us back to the light and a place where we can find peace. I felt uplifted as I saw Jae on stage as he had found a way to peace in his life and while his journey may just be starting, I am happy to know that he's rising from the darkness that once consumed him. My only hope is that he can be himself and choose the path he wishes to go as he writes his story. Similarly, to those around me, I hope that when you find yourself in darkness, you can find the things and people who can help you on your journey as you battle the demons that try to bring you down. As much as it may seem as they are winning, remember that you have the power to write your own story. Together, we can all help each other on our journey and hopefully leave that darkness behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment