Wednesday, November 8, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 311]:~ Uplifting

 
~:[CH12 - Day 311]:~ Uplifting

I'm not sure if today could have come at a better time. The weight in the air today was heavy as so many were mourning the loss of their fellow student. You could sense the loss without a word being spoken. My often lively senior class was silent with not a single handle ready to share their journal for the day. Moments like these are difficult as it takes a lot to process. We're all so worried about this and that, that sometimes we forget just how precious life is. Tell the people around you all the things you wish to say as we never know when our time is coming to an end. I keep asking, why would the Lord take such a young soul with such a great future ahead. The answer is never clear, but instead of anger or frustration, I hope we can channel our energy towards celebrating the life of such a wonderful individual. Instead of digging ourselves deeper into the darkness, let's help uplift each other as we take small steps forward. We will not be healed from this overnight, but we can talk small steps every day and eventually find ourselves in a place we are at peace. I debated whether I should go tonight with all that was going on, but I decided to allow myself to find myself in a place I could shed this weight off my shoulders and enjoy the performance of one of my favorite groups. Their music and performance uplifted me and made me feel free. I know it will be hard to return to normalcy for everyone, but I think part of the process is healing is to try to get back into a routine while seeking the help you need. Tonight I allowed myself to do just that to help me find a reason to smile. I know that tomorrow things will not be cured and there will be days that will be challenging, but everyday I'll focus on trying to take another step forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment