
~:[CH13 - Day 342]:~ Absolutely (Not)
It's my "no" zone timeframe where I turn down most things. From photoshoots to events, I will typically say no if it falls during the few days before banquet. As I focus in on final cut, I focus everything else out. However, when I found out that Hina was back in town from Japan for an event, I told her that I would go when she let me know she was performing. I planned accordingly and woke up early to start editing to make up for the lost time, finished what I needed to before heading out and went to the event. I realized that I probably could have left about 30-45 minutes later, but it was nice to be on time and I found some other banquet work I could do while waiting. There were a lot of great performances and it was nice to catch up, although my limited Japanese and her limited English made it a bit challenging, though we found a way. While I wanted to stay through the whole event, I said my goodbyes and then headed back home to get back to editing. As I rendered, I quickly sorted through the footage and pieced together the deliverables for the event, which helped me keep focus on the editing I needed to complete for banquet. When I think about my students, I always say, use the things you enjoy as a reward (gaming, TikTok, etc.) for when you've accomplished what you need to do. I guess it's not something I just encourage, but also something I implement for my own self. I wrapped up my editing exactly where I needed to be despite the "break" and see the finish line in the distance. Although I would be cruising if I said not to this event, just with a little extra planning and effort, I was able to say yes, without a setback. While at times, you need to say no, when you really want to do something, take some time to see if you can find a way, just like I did today.

No comments:
Post a Comment