Wednesday, December 11, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 345]:~ Our Power

 
~:[CH13 - Day 345]:~ Our Power

I had an issue with my export, but I figured it out. I forgot my HDMI cable, but I had enough time to grab it before the banquet started. One of my shipments never arrived, but the other one did. How do you view these things? Today, I figured out how to fix my exporting error, grabbed the HDMI cable in time and got one of my packages or would your quote be the opposite? As I heard my seniors speak tonight, I heard the typical speech about how they didn't necessarily like running. There are some who love it, but a good portion of them don't, still yet, I had a group this large of three to four year seniors who stuck around until their final year. Their power was in seeing the good the came out of the experience. Some speeches talked about getting up every day even when you've been struggling, others about still going to practice despite dreading the workout ahead, while others talking about how they've created bonds and memories they'll never forget. Instead of seeing what you didn't like about the experience, our power is focusing in on what we gained along the way. I faced a number of challenges while preparing for this banquet, but when I look back on tonight, I'll forget many of the struggles and remember the smiling faces, the memories created because of it, and the pure joy gained through this evening. Our power is in seeing what inspires us to keep moving forward and keep working, rather than being dragged down by what is trying to take us down. I've faced a lot of obstacles over the course of 2024, some which still linger today, but still yet, I'll do my best to look forward and use my power to catapult me forward instead of allowing life to drag me down. The insight of the seniors who spoke today was enlightening even for me and I hope that the underclassmen listened carefully, as their opportunity to step in their shoes will come up sooner than they could ever imagine. I am beyond grateful for the opportunities I have been given to work with these young adults and no matter the time it takes and the struggles I face because of it, when I arrive at moments like today, I am reminded why it's all worth it in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment