Monday, December 23, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 357]:~ The Long Road Ahead

 
~:[CH13 - Day 357]:~ The Long Road Ahead

I woke up earlier than planned. I left my normal school alarms on and it woke me up. I ended up getting up and heading downstairs to grab breakfast before wrapping up the prep. It was a long day ahead and even longer since I didn't sleep in. We actually ran ahead of schedule as we started the shoot in the hotel, headed to the Vegas sign, then back up north to the studio. The studio wasn't how I imagined it, but we made it work really well and we were pleased how the shots came out. We passed by a few opportunities to shoot and ended up resting a bit before hitting the boneyard. Although the signs were lit, it ended up being a great spot for this shoot. With our last planned portion of the shoot, we headed to Freemont and took photos there and got delayed since USC arrived for their dinner for the Las Vegas Bowl. It was cool to see the team, but definitely a little troublesome for our timeline. After grabbing a few good shots, we added a little walk down the strip, which we planned out the day before. They ended up coming out well, but it extended our timeline a bit. We rushed to cleanup, grab dinner, and then headed out. It was a long road ahead as we departed past 8pm, however, with no traffic, we ended up arriving back just past midnight. In life you have to decide whether you inconvenience yourself a bit to try to improve what you are working on. It's opportunity cost. Is it worth this extra time and effort? For us, it ended up being worth it. Despite being a bit more tired on the way home, the long road ahead, didn't feel as long as I knew that we had truly knocked this project out of the park. I'm excited to work with what we produced over the next few days as I laid out the plans on the long road home. It was a long day and I was exhausted, but still yet, I knew that it was worth it in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment