Thursday, November 3, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 307]:~ Trying to Slow It Down

~:[CH5 - Day 307]:~ Trying to Slow It Down
Sometimes life moves by too quickly. Before you know it a season has passed or even four years. I can't believe it's already November and as league finals came around, all I wanted to do was slow things down. What was it about this season that made it go so fast? Much like other seasons, there will be so many moments that I treasured and many moments which I wish I could slow down time and enjoy a bit more. Time speeds past us and sometimes, while we are looking forward to something, we miss the opportunity to enjoy something we overlooked. This season, we had a very young team and a group of experienced seniors. It was a strange dynamic. While there is a lot of room to grown for the younger generation, I was glad to have shared the responsibility of helping develop these young athletes with the seniors. Sadly, it will be the last time we are all together and I am not sure I took it all in enough. While tomorrow, practice will be easier to manage and things will be a lot simpler, I know that I will get that feeling that something is missing. I always hear people say that they wish they can turn back the clock. It is our duty to make sure that we cherish each of these seconds, as turning back the clock isn't an option. Don't ever be in such a rush and enjoy the moment, as you never know when you'll get another one like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment