Sunday, November 27, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 331]:~ A Week in a Day

~:[CH5 - Day 331]:~ A Week in a Day
As I stood atop the city once more, it was incredible on how a single day could feel like a week or at least like multiple days. I haven't been gone too long, yet it already seems like I've been gone forever. Have I been taken away by the charm of Hong Kong? I learned to appreciate a number of things while I have been here. As I walked around the city, I noticed that their scaffolding, even for their high rises, where made using all bamboo. To see them create it was a spectacle. While the Avenue of the Stars was under construction, I enjoyed the celebration of movie stars, much like the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I enjoyed the skyline of Hong Kong and how it was backed by the lush hills and mountains that were great to trek through. The views, the lights, the old school yet modernized, the attention to detail when designing food, and the combination of oriental and western culture, has been quite amazing to see. The transportation system, aside from the traffic, is great, as I traveled via train, ferry, taxi, and bus and the same card I used for that, I could buy a drink from a vending machine with. From visiting a temple to seeing the flamingoes in Kowloon Park to crossing a group of sailboats while crossing the river to hiking up to the top of Victoria's Peak, it was quite the full day, but well worth it. My friend served as my tour guide and while she didn't have to, went out of her way to show me all that she could about Hong Kong. It was great to hear stories and chat and she even took me to a place famous for their crab, despite her being allergic to it. It's amazing that this city has such a different vibe that I expected and even allowed me to see what the city is like when the sky is blue and it isn't drenching me with rain. My feet are a little bit sore and my body is tired, but it's all worth it when you can fit a week's worth of adventures in a single day. As I said good night to this day, I'm excited for the adventures that tomorrow will bring, as these first two days have been amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment