Saturday, November 26, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 330]:~ Lost in a Storm

~:[CH5 - Day 330]:~ Lost in a Storm
As I arrived in Hong Kong, I entered with a clean slate. I had very little plans in place aside from blocks of time to spend with a few friends I intended to meet. I ended up booking a few tours on the flight, but left the rest up to chance and planned it as I went. As we were landing, I saw a reverse rainbow, much like I saw before our prelims race where fate seemed to be on our side. Today was no different. I wondered, where was the rain if that rainbow appeared. Soon enough, it showed itself. Instead of a bus to my hotel, they ended up sending me a car since I was the only person using the transfer service to the hotel. I arrived early, yet I also ended up having a room that was ready for me upon arrival. I had time to shower and rest before I headed out. After meeting my friend a little later than planned due to traffic, we headed out to hike Braemar Hill. I followed him through the trail and as we did, it started to rain. As we ventured trying to figure out the trail wondering if we should continue, it started to rain even more. Eventually we got to a spot where we could take photos, however, as nice as the view was, when I looked back at the view we were suppose to have, I realized that it was not the same view. We trekked back to the start of the route and followed a new set of directions to the view that we were looking for. For a moment, we were stuck in misery in a torrential downpour using everything we had to protect us from the rain. However, in the end, we arrived at a spot that while normally crowded was empty for us to enjoy without anyone there to distract us or get in the way. Yes, it was a miserable hike, but through the storm, our rainbow was an uninterrupted view that held just long enough, before the rain began to fall once again. It could have been easy to get upset or frustrated in the situation, but how could I? I was enjoying a wonderful day with a friend, exploring into places uncharted. At every turn there was mud, but at every turn there was also something new. A new view, a new perspective, and a new view of the world that I had not seen before. My top layer was drenched as well as my backpack and everything in there; my ride home was even more comfortable in the bus, as I was soaked, but my heart was full of joy. As while the storm continued to rage on all night, I could not stop smiling, as my adventure began with something greater than I could have ever imaged. As we finished the night at shabu shabu as I was about to fall asleep, I knew that my trip couldn't have started off on a better foot. Sometimes when you are lost in life, you have the same choice, hopefully you should to smile and find out what awaits you at the end of the storm; it just might be paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment