Wednesday, November 9, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 313]:~ In Our Differences

~:[CH5 - Day 313]:~ In Our Differences
You could feel the somber mood on campus in every class. With people sad, emotional, and others in disbelief. It was strange. I didn't feel like doing much, but I stuck to the plan of the Renaissance and did my best to be optimistic and energetic. It was weird, but throughout the day, I didn't get too down. Last night, I came to terms with everything and despite my fears of what's ahead, my goal was not to focus on this election, but look forward to what needs to be done. In the midst of the craziness, just being with the team made me see that this election cannot change us. There will be tests and obstacles in our future, however, it is our duty to stand up when oppressed, speak up for others when they're oppressed, and to be a part of the solution, rather than part of the problem. We can sulk and complain, but our time would be much better spent working towards building up those around us, to accept our differences and make our diversity our strength. We will see what the road ahead holds for us, however, instead of waiting, we can make our days better by focusing building a community around us of acceptance, tolerance and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment