Monday, December 10, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 344]:~ Grit and Grind

~:[CH7 - Day 344]:~ Grit and Grind
I know this feeling all too well. With some, it's deadlines and others it's finals, but for me, it's banquet. A few times a year, I face the challenge of prepping for the banquet with a list of things to do. From reservations to sign ups, awards to programs, it's a handful of work to do. I start the process about a month prior and still, when push comes to shove, I'm sitting here the week of, praying that everything gets finished. I once again am sitting here, looking at the insurmountable list of 1500 clips for Mammoth alone, I just want to throw my hands up and give up. Alas, I get to the grind and finish it out. It takes a bit of grit and grind, but it teaches you how to handle the rigors of life. I think if someone were to pat me on the back and say, it's okay, you can finish it next time, I would be tempted to let them let me just pass on the assignment, but what would I have learned. There have been failures in the process of banquet planning and I always forget something, but in the end, I've grown a lot and am a better person because of it. I hope that parents (and when I become a parent) allow their children to fail and learn from it. Obviously, there will be some teaching necessary, but hope that they don't give their children a paved path to travel down, as it will end up keeping them from learning to grind and from having the grit necessary to make it through those tumultuous times in their lives. The next few days, I'll be MIA as usual, but it's part of the process that has helped me grow and stay calm when these piles grow around me. In the end, the stress and work that gets put into the banquet are well worth it, but I'd be lying if I said I would be sad when it's all over because it will also be nice to have some time to rest and relax. Let's get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment