Thursday, December 27, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 361]:~ Not Quite Thawed

~:[CH7 - Day 361]:~ Not Quite Thawed 
I didn't really want to go outside today. I checked out of my hotel and braved the winter sans all my layers with just enough clothing to stay warm, but not too much that I was uncomfortable on the flight home. I survived. I ran down the block to a Vietnamese restaurant to grab some lackluster pho, then back to the hotel and worked on a video while waiting for my shuttle. I didn't add to my accomplishments while I was there, but anyone else from Los Angeles who would have been with me, probably would have done the same. The weather may not have been cold for some, but an Angelino ain't built for that type of weather. I ventured home annoyed by two little boys who reeked havoc on the plane and left a mess for the crew to cleanup. Due to a delay, I had to swiftly walk to my connection, unknowingly having to go through security again and US customs in Vancouver. It was strange to be welcomed into the US while still in Canada, but I guess that's how they do it. My second flight was a lot more peaceful aside from a girl who loudly confessed her love to her boyfriends over Facetime while drunk without headphones. I learned a little too much about these two and we were lucky enough to hear more as our plane was delayed because of our previous delay, as we awaited baggage to clear customs. As I arrived home, sans the layers I had in Edmonton, I couldn't thaw as I was met with Los Angeles cold (40s) as I headed home. Despite all the craziness and still be frozen, my heart and soul were warmed, because I was safely home. There are so many things to complain and vent about, but if we allow them to be apart of our day, we become cold to the world around us. Even when we are surrounded by this cold, it is up to us whether we warm up or not. Today, I let the cold get to me a bit, but by days end, I found the warmth I was searching for all along, even if the SoCal air didn't provide it for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment