Friday, December 28, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 362]:~ The Sky is Falling

~:[CH7 - Day 362]:~ The Sky is Falling
Yes, that is right folks, I was home for once. I had an early lunch with an alum, as I was able to reminisce about the past and to catch up on what was going on in the world. It's not easy keeping up with so many alumni, but sometimes, it's nice to hear the well-connected ones being able to keep you up to date on all that is going on. To hear about those who are getting married, getting jobs or just growing old, it fills my heart with joy to hear that they are all living life. I ventured out to catch up with the Pokemon crews as I spent a day raiding, meeting people along the way and just enjoying the fact that I was back home even as the sky was falling down on my above. Yes, it was true, the tree kept raining down on us. I guess it was a bird trying to get me to move, yet, I did not give way. I stood my ground, because I was home. I had a laundry list of things to do (including my laundry), but I didn't allow that to kill my mood. I finished up my recommendation letters, prepared for my next working adventure (which will also have some playtime), and caught the Los Angeles rivalry game sans Lebron. It felt relaxing and it felt nice as while I was doing work, I was doing it from the comforts of my own home - calls and reservations, finalizing logistics, and a little bit of research. As while I was just about to call it an end to a successful night, an alumni sends me a message just to remind me about how big of a part cross country was in her life and since then, I couldn't help but smile. Even if the sky was falling today, the final message of the day would have made it all right. As coaches and teachers, there is a lot of time put into the job and people thing that we don't get paid enough for what we do, but there is a lot more ways than you can become rich. The paycheck you receive can add dollars to your bank account, but the only thing that's going to matter when the sky is falling and the world is about to end, can't be bought. Today I was reminded of that again and inspired for all that is ahead.\, no matter how long that may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment