Wednesday, December 12, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 346]:~ Standing Out

~:[CH7 - Day 346]:~ Standing Out
As we prepare for the upcoming Stussy Sale, I have thought about different signs that I have used that stood out and demanded attention. In thinking about it, I ordered the brightest posters that I could find. However, I also realized that simply being bright may not be enough. We live in a world where we strive to stand out. We strive to our best in a field and ultimate find success. No matter what we are involved in, many times, we strive towards the top of that given field. In the process of doing so, sometimes we lose the reason why we started in the first place. As great as it is to top your field or to stand out, hopefully we can see that we must keep focus on why we are doing it all in the first place. In a society where we are so pressured to succeed, we must also remember to enjoy life, as we work hard and do all of these things more so for the life experience than to win, as the memories will outlast the trophies or awards we collect. As I wrap up preparation for the banquet, I will continue to remember the reason why I coach, not to win, but to give these athletes experiences they cannot get elsewhere and in the process, I know each of them will have the opportunity to stand out in their own way, not at the top, but together as one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment