
~:[CH13 - Day 66]:~ Full Circle
I commented to my mom before the meeting that the last time that I was in the board room was to speak on behalf of Mr. Walker. It's weird how life cycles through and how different these moments can be. As I dealt with the chaos of everything between track and prepping for MUN, I stepped out to support the basketball team. Since the last time I was in the board meeting, our school has actually found much success. From winning a few CIF titles and runner up titles to being named a distinguished school, there have been countless of accomplished we've found. I wonder what would be different if we lost our battle last year and had a new principal come in. In life we face these moments and we make those decisions. My brother talked about the decision of the athletes to step up and push forward despite the tragic loss of one of their teammates. It could have easily been a lost season, but not only did they play on, they did so exceptionally. Similarly, our school pushed on and they also did so exceptionally. Life has it's cycle and when we arrive back at the these moments and thing back to where we were to where we are now, I hope that we see that we've progressed and moved forward. As I talked about yesterday, we are all works in progress and similarly, that work will bring us back to a point, where we can reflect and see how far we've come. Who knows what's ahead, but at least for tonight, we can celebrate another victory as we travel along this round of life.

No comments:
Post a Comment