
~:[CH13 - Day 81]:~ Keeping Stride
When I came back from New York, it wasn't relaxation. I did my laundry and jumped right on the computer to begin doing entries for the meets ahead. I did realize that the mounting stress definitely was making me a bit snappy. My students were asking questions I just answered and others not following directions that were covered in a meeting and posted online. I heard a lot of, I didn't hear that or even better yet, I wasn't paying attention. Of course, I have to try and catch myself and try to keep things in stride. It's not always easy to do. At work, I was blindsided with a change made with no heads up, no communication, and no logic. I thought maybe always being willing to step up to do something made me a target, as the thought, he'll just take it on. These are the types of things though that make people apathetic and lose their passion for what they do. It seems like it's progress more in that direction and in life, things will continue to go that way until you put your foot down and speak up. It's strange that about this time last year was the time I was speaking up for something I believed it. It's not common for me to do so, but when I do it, it's because I feel it's unfair. As I thought about it more, I laughed to myself knowing how many hours and weekends I've put in and how underappreciated it is. Similarly, I felt for some of my athletes as I sent out a message to our team, as the same group of students are cleaning up, helping out, while others leave it to them to do it. I know they feel the same frustration. Balance is key in running and in life. You can't always just agree, just like you can't always disagree. In order to keep stride, you need to be welcoming and accepting, but also stern when the time comes from it. Hopefully when I finally get the chance to rest, my snappiness will subside and I hope with time, things will work out. Of course, if it doesn't, it means that maybe it's time to close that door and find an opportunity that awaits at another door that is open. Life is full of detours, but through those roads, I hope we can find a way to keep our stride as we move through life.

No comments:
Post a Comment