
~:[CH13 - Day 72]:~ Opportunity Cost
In economics, we teach about opportunity cost. The students get to realize the importance of time and money. What do you do with your time and what are you giving up because of it? Today, we had an optional morning outing, Many chose to stay in and rest, while a handful decided to go out and enjoy the beautiful weather as they walked (or jogged) across the Brooklyn Bridge. It was nice to cross the bridge when nobody was out. Typically when we go in the afternoon, the bridge is packed and so you can't do much, but when you go in the morning when everyone else is sleeping, it's easy to get across. With all of us, we have to make choices on how we spend our time. In some cases, it's not something we really have a say in since it's taking care of family or working a job, when at other times, we can decide, how do we use the precious time that we have? I've always thought how things would be different if I spent my time a different way and still yet, I wouldn't change how I do. I think it's a good time to reflect on how you spend your time and think about, am I spending my time the way I want or am I giving up too many of the things I want to do and do I need to readjust going forward. Regardless, I just hope that we remember just how precious time is and that we should use every second of our lives wisely.

No comments:
Post a Comment