Sunday, January 12, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 12]:~ Find What Brings You Light

~:[CH9 - Day 12]:~ Find What Brings You Light
In the darkness it's hard to find your way, but it makes you search deep within yourself to find a light. Previously I talked about the mysteries of self and for each of us, we search for that light that guides to a place where we can shine. It's never easy and not always will we be able to stay in that spotlight, but we must find a way to keep finding what brings us light within our lives. I've always been so proud to see my family, my friends and my students rise to a place where they have time in that spotlight. Whether it's raising a family, getting an award or reaching a new PR. There are so many moments to celebrate and just being able to witness abroad those moments in the spotlight have been things that have closely touched my heart. I always worry about all the time it takes, the stress on shoulders, and the ups and downs that everyone takes in the process, but I only hope they know that the light they seek for is always there, within themselves and within those around them. I hope that I can be a light for those around me, much like I see so many around me being a light for those around them. Hearing the encouraging and motivational words of a former student to thousands of people is something that provided a light within me, when he talked about the darkness that he himself struggled through. Life is never easy, but it is easier when we shine a light for each other so we are never truly in darkness. As the lights of the phones waved back and forth towards the end of the concert, I knew my time abroad experiencing these epic moments would soon fade away, as I would go back to the normal routine of daily life. However, when I look at it, that daily routine is the same stage and I have the opportunity to pass on my light so in turn they can pass on theirs. You may never be lucky enough to stand on a stage of a theater or concert hall, but it doesn't mean you don't have a stage and that you don't have an audience. Whether it's one or millions, you have an opportunity to shine so that others around you will no longer be in darkness. For Jae, he will be able to pass that light on to thousands of people in the final seven countries they visit and for us, we have the chance to do the same in the comforts of our own daily routine. No matter what we do, we all have a job, as people need help in finding what brings them light, but until those around them begin to shine themselves, they won't have a light to guide them. "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine," not just for ourselves, but for everyone around us.  Today's the day we need to start, so shine on and let's light up this whole world so that no one is left in the dark. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm sorry I comment so out of the blue and SO late. I don't know if you remember me, but we met in the line for DAY6's Paris concert. It's was a great pleasure to met someone who influenced Jae's life so much. As Jae's really dedicated admirer, I wanted to thank you for supporting him and encouraging him. I hope you had a great time during the concert. Also becasue Jae is goign through a hard time now, I'm very worried and concerned but I believe his light will come back to shine for us even brighter. Please take care of yourself too! Hope you are staying safe.
    One more time, thank you, and hopefully see you agan someday. I can't wait to hear more of college days Jae stories!

    Anna.

    ReplyDelete