Thursday, January 23, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 23]:~ Another Gem

~:[CH9 - Day 23]:~ Another Gem
I worked most of the night before piecing together another gem. The Nationals team is always our junior MUNers. Many schools who attend the conference bring students year after year, but our students get one shot. The disadvantage is that they don't know exactly what to expect and have to learn all the differences in the rules and procedures, but the positive is that they anticipate the conference and are excited to attend, thus pushing them to work harder. Normally the first round, I get to rip their paper to shreds and sometimes I have to send them a nasty e-mail saying how they need to work harder, but this year, although there were things to fix, for the most part, the papers were just a few steps away from being done and there were minimal format changes I needed to make to the papers before submitting them. We have the honor of representing the Republic of Korea and the Kingdom of Thailand this year. While we have never represented these two countries, I hold a high amount of respect for both and hope we can bring honor and respect to these countries through our debate. While some take this as just another conference or just another activity, I see value in the work that these students put in at Nationals and any other conference they attend. In the end, I was proud to click the upload buttons early in the morning and go through and clean things up throughout the day. I am excited for what the road ahead holds for these students and 550 pages later, they were one step closer to being ready for the conference ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment