Thursday, January 12, 2012

~:[Day 12]:~ Roots in Tokyo

~:[Day 12]:~ Roots in Tokyo
Today I wore my I <3 Tokyo jacket from the World Cup (not this past one). It has been sitting in my closet, not worn too often since it got messed up when setting up for a dance at school. In any case, it made me think about my roots and I figured I could use it to explain where my roots are from! I am an American-born Japanese-Okinawan via Hawaii. My dad is from the Tokyo area and my mom is from Honolulu with her family coming from Okinawa. Since both my parents and grandparents had fairly large families, I have a large number of relatives in Japan, Hawaii, and probably some in Okinawa. I was able to meet a lot of my Hawaiian relatives on the "Chinen" side at our last reunion, while I met some of my relatives in Tokyo over a decade ago! I'm sure everyone I met over there looks much different and I probably wouldn't recognize them if I visited. Anyway, I love family and looking into family history, thus, one of my projects in the next few years is to finally assemble a full family tree, some of which is already completed! We'll see what can come with a little research. I also guess I must get on it and make sure that I help to expand our family tree in the near future :) Marriage anyone? Haha jkjk :P You won't get me that easily :D

No comments:

Post a Comment