Sunday, April 10, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 101]: ~ A Mixed Bag

~:[CH5 - Day 101]: ~ A Mixed Bag
I had to wake up early in the morning, as I was covering a Sunday conference day. I haven't ever been to McKenna MUN and it was nice being on the beautiful Claremont McKenna campus. The students ventured out to their committees. The committees were pretty much wrapping up as they were in their final three hours so I heard the finalizing of working papers and formal caucus. It was a little interesting hearing some of the people in committee and just seeing how they handle different situations that arise when negotiating. We had a mixed bag of delegates from some that I have in my senior class, to sophomores and juniors I haven't seen in awhile, to the juniors I just took to Nationals. It was definitely interesting. Regardless, we had a number of good performances and even had five people take home gavels on the day with at least one from each grade level represented. Since it was just a morning session, I was able to get back and hit up TapEx, get some work done, watch some television, and then get some more work done. While I am not entirely ready for Monday, I know it will be a short week for me, which also means I better start packing my bag soon. There were also a few other bright spots in the day and those, no matter how big or small they are, just simply make your day shine. Yes, it was a mixed bag today, but regardless, it was another day that I got to take in a breath of fresh air and that is something I will try my best not to take for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment