Tuesday, April 5, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 96]: ~ A Big Congratulations

~:[CH5 - Day 96]: ~ A Big Congratulations
Tuesday was no better than Monday as my body and mind was still fatigued. I had a lot of work to do, but my energy level was pretty low. However, despite the heat that dragged down the athletes during intervals and while we stayed late to lift weights, there was still a celebration on our hands. While this post is a day late, I used a throw back picture from Georgetown (February 2016) to congratulate one of my many successful students who have begun to receive their acceptance letters to colleges. It's a struggle to get into the college of your choice and there are many obstacles on the way to doing what is necessary to meet the demands of these schools, but many of my students circumvent these challenges and find their way to a great path towards their future endeavors. I remember this students when she first transferred into my class. My freshman class is not an easy class to join late, however, she did it and caught on very quickly. Back then, I knew she was smart and had it to make it in MUN. As I got to know here through Nationals and even more so through Georgetown, you could tell that she was also one of the nicest people you could meet (maybe because she had a super sweet tooth, as she guided us to a number of cupcake/dessert shops). I know that this year had its ups and downs, but this picture captures a natural smile that I will never forget, much like the images I have of a number of other students through the various conferences, trips, meets, and events. To my seniors, no matter where you are headed, be proud of all the work you have put in, the obstacles you have overcome and how you have represented our program and our school across country country. However, remember, that you still have a quarter of my class in the dungeon and in all your other classes, so keep working until the end to best prepare yourself for the future ahead. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the best part ... this student got into five Ivy League schools (Harvard, Upenn, Cornell, Princeton and Brown) plus Stanford. Yes, this week started off well and hearing all the college plans for the seniors was definitely something that kept me pushing through. I finished the evening with a quick chat and stop off at TapEx and I got to witness a Clippers wins and Twolves upset. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment