~:[CH5 - Day 118]: ~ In the Spotlight
At the last minute, I noticed that the tickets for today's Clippers game dropped significantly. With the injuries, most people were ditching their tickets and it was prime opportunity to jump in and grab a pair of tickets for dirt cheap. I bought a trio. The day itself rolled along and as I caught up on grading and prepped for the last full team practice of the year, I also was looking forward to the game. After wrapping up a meeting and swinging by all the event areas, I headed out. The traffic was a little heavy heading out, but we made it in time even though I made us walk all the way around the arena. The guy who owned the seats I bought last time, owned the ones I did now. Not thinking, I thought the seats would be the same as before, however, they were on the opposite side, hence, making a full circle around the arena. We missed the National Anthem, but made it to our seats by game time. It was fairly empty, but slowly, the stadium filled up. It was a lively crowd, despite the injuries we faced. The team came out energized and held a five point lead at the half. They let them go on a run, but pulled back to even going into the fourth, however, they could not sustain the lead. It was tough because they could have gotten this game, but in the end, it was not meant to be. I drowned my sorrows in tacos and Pepsi, but at least had a great night as I drove home with not one, not two, but three light up wristbands they gave out. We scoured our section after the game and ended up with ten shirts and five wristbands! Score! As I thought about the game, it did make me more and more sad, but sometimes, there is just nothing you can do. Sometimes, there is something chosen to happen for some reason and you just have to trust that it will be for the best. It may not be the best for me at this point, but in the long run, it has its purpose, much like the injuries and obstacles we faced during this track and field season. Keep fighting, keep believing and trust that all is working out as planned, it is then that you will find yourself in the spotlight at the end of the day - win, lose, or draw.


No comments:
Post a Comment